10 fun things about teeth!
1. The enamel is the only substance in the human body that cannot regenerate itself.
2. Baby teeth start forming before you are born.
3. Humans use four different types of teeth (incisors, canine, premolars, and molars) to cut, tear and grind their food.
4. Humans have only two sets of teeth in their entire lifetime—baby teeth and permanent teeth. Once you have your permanent teeth, make sure you take good care of them.
5. No two people have the same set of teeth—your teeth are as unique as your fingerprint, so be proud of your unique set of teeth.
6. Your mouth produces over 25,000 quarts of saliva in a lifetime. That’s enough to fill two swimming pools.
7. An average person spends 38.5 days brushing their teeth over their lifetime.
8. The largest tooth ever recorded weighed 214 pounds and was 138 inches long. It belonged to… You guessed it, an elephant!
9. One third of your tooth is underneath your gums—that means only two thirds of your tooth’s length is visible.
10. Sharks can shed approximately 35 000 teeth in a lifetime.